- Open a new Google Document.
- Change the font to Times New Roman, size 12.
- In the toolbar, find the icon for spacing and change it to double.
- On the first line, type out your first and last name.
- Press enter. Type the teacher's or professor's name.
- Press enter. Type the class name.
- Press enter. Type the date in day month year format. (ex: 15 January 2015) Make sure to spell out the entire month, and do not use commas.
- Press enter once more. Center this line. This is where the title of the paper goes.
- Press enter. Indent once using the tab key. This is where the first paragraph begins.
- For the next paragraphs, press enter only once. The indentation serves as a method to distinguish paragraphs, so there is no need to leave two lines between each paragraph.
- At the end of the document, use the toolbar search to insert a page break.
- On the new page, press center and type Works Cited. Below this is where the citations will go.
- Search the toolbar once more for page number.
- Select top of page.
- Enter once to make room at the top of the page.
- Type your last name and press space.
- Change the header name and number to Times New Roman, size 12.
- The page numbers will change automatically, and you are ready to start writing.
13 January 2015
Google Docs: How to Set Up MLA Format 2015
How to set up an MLA format paper (2015) in Google Docs.